Thursday, June 19, 2014

Evolution of the Blog Part V

Whats up internet?! Not much here for the past few days. Just dropping this post to let you know whats been going on the last few days, why I've had so many video game posts the last month, and whats coming in the future.

First off, the last few days I just needed a break. Between some personal stuff I've got going on, and all the E3 coverage I had to do, I got burnt out. So, I took about a week off and didn't write anything for anywhere on the internet. I spent some time with my family, and some time playing some video games. Now though, that is over, and we're returning to regular posting schedules.

Now, a question I've been getting is, "why so much gaming stuff when I'm not purely a gaming blog?" Well there have been two reasons for that. The first is that E3 was last week, and the weeks leading up to it are full of video game news and rumors. That put me in a gaming mood, so I talked about it a lot. The other reason is that I have a new baby. He's not technically new at this point, but he's still an infant who can't communicate at all except through screams. So I've been a bit busy helping out my wife around the house and taking care of the baby. As such, in order to generate content I write what I know. I have played video games for 20 years, so I know a lot about them.

As for future content, we're coming back to normal. My next post after this one (that isn't a regular weekly post like It Came From the Internet" will be a post about organic food where I discuss how what you buy from the grocery store isn't really organic and/or is actually worse for you than buying non-organic foods. I skipped the Steam Sales Guide this week because they are having their summer sale Starting today, and going for the next two weeks. Everything will be on sale, so go crazy. I'll probably post my rules just to remind everyone to buy smart, but otherwise you won't see a sale guide post until after the summer sale ends. Otherwise all regular content is returning, and you will see a decline in gaming content to bring back some of my other content. It won't go away because I love games, but things will balance out again. I'm also feeling a top 10 coming on. Who knows, I may even make that a regular weekly thing.

Until Next time, thanks for reading! As always feel free to comment below, or send me a tweet @jma4707

No comments:

Post a Comment