Friday, May 23, 2014

It Came from the Internet - May 24th

Welcome to the inaugural "It came from the internet Post". In this series, I'm simply going to talk about and/or show you things that I thought were interesting which I have found on the internet. Some are funny, others serious, and other just plain weird. You never know what to expect on this series, so I figure I'll start this week out with two things.

1.  Strange Laws around the Country. 
I'm sure a lot of you have heard of your state or town/city having some weird laws. If you haven't you should just google search weird laws in the United States. There are a bunch of them, and a lot of them are really funny. Well, someone decided to pick a few of their favorites out, and actually illustrate what a person performing those actions would really look like. I'll put a sample below that links to the whole image gallery. I found these to all be really funny, and every time I read about these laws I wonder who makes them and why? What's the point in making it illegal to put a violin in a paper bag? Who was that law intended to help/hurt? Whatever the case, I think you'll get a bit of a chuckle out of these.

Check out the whole gallery.


 2. How the FCC is ruining the internet.
I hope all of you know about the FCC ruining the internet with their new "net neutrality" proposals that will allow internet fast lanes, and for ISP's to basically charge anyone whatever they want to for specific content due to the monopoly that the few big ones in the United States have. These proposals haven't become laws yet, and there is still time to fight them, but what if you don't understand anything I just said and are wondering why you should care. Well, watch this video below as it explains all of this and more with pretty pictures and many examples.




No comments:

Post a Comment