Monday, May 12, 2014

Evolution of the Blog Part IV



Whats up internet! Well, it's been a lively couple of weeks for me. I started posting some of my stuff to reddit and have gotten mixed feedback. Reddit seems to really like my game reviews, Steam sales guides, and generally my gaming content. I've gotten 2,000 views in the last couple of weeks just from those alone. That feel really good, and I'm really pleased with the results. I'm also slowly getting some more twitter followers which is really great as well.


On the new front for me, I've started a twitch account. You can find me here. I am going to start broadcasting pretty much any time I play Xbox, and I'm working on getting a setup for my PC. Occasionally I will do interactive stuff, but for now while I get used to it, I'm not doing to much interaction. I keep my laptop handy to respond to chats, but I'm currently not streaming my man-beard along with my gameplay. I do plan to do a big interactive session when Watchdogs comes out, so stay tuned for details. You also might notice that my channel is called Left Stick Down Online. That is because I'm doing this to promote both my blog and my gaming site. Please come check me out sometime!

I also have been a bit off of my schedule. Some friends have been staying with my Wife and I for the last few days, and that makes it really hard to write. We have had a great time together, but they go home tomorrow. So, this week I'll be back on track for my weekly schedule with the Steam Guide coming out Tomorrow and regular posts returing on Wednesday and Sunday. I am going to add a new weekly piece either on Friday or Saturday called "It Came From the Internet". If you hadn't gathered already, I spend a lot of time online. I keep up with gaming and tech news, watch a lot of youtube videos, and am always on the lookout for the next big thing. This is going to be a piece where I briefly list and talk about my top 2 or 3 things from the week, and show you where to find them. They may be news pieces, funny or serious videos, a really great deal on something, or just something interesting that I hadn't seen before. 

I'm also working on some more layout fixes. This includes me getting a logo and banner for my blog, a better background, and starting to include a lot more links to things so that you can maneuver around better. Now that I have a small backlog of content, I want new folks who are interested to be better able to see it. This is going to include a page with links to every post, and putting links to older posts in the comments of the posts I write. I also may do an occasional rewind post, where I feature one of my older posts on twitter.

That's about it for this evolution. Come back tomorrow for my next Steam Sales guide, and thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment