Monday, June 9, 2014

E3 2014: Ubisoft Presentation

The Ubisoft Conference was an amazing event, and damn do they know how to put on a show. I think I saw all of my most anticipated games for this year at the conference. As with the EA conference highlights are below the video. Enjoy!

Far Cry 4: They opened up with FC4. A very strong start indeed. They showed the first 5ish minutes of 
gameplay, and it definitely is a pretty game. Not a lot more was said about it, but even the snippet they showed is enough to make me interested even more than I was already.

Just Dance 2015: Honestly I don't care for this game much. They did however make an announcement that is worth mentioning. They are promising latency free gaming with mobil devices that will allow thousands of gamers to play Just Dance at the same time. Will it really work? I suppose we'll find out soon enough. 

The Division: Ubisoft showed this game off a bit more in their own conference with a brand new long trailer that really explains part of the story in depth. It really was a beautiful trailer that tugged at my heartstrings for it's genuine presentation. I wish we could have gotten even more gameplay, but they may show it off again at the Sony Keynote.

The Crew: If this game lives up to half of its hype it will impress me greatly. They released a new trailer and showed off a bit of gameplay footage that makes this MMO driving game look even better than it did. They also promised again that it truly would be the entire continental US. I'm skeptical of that point, but I'd love to be able to drive to my house in the middle of nowhere TN and park out front. If they can do that, I'll sell my soul to Ubisoft. They do have beta sign ups for the PC version of the game live right now. Just go here and check it out. 

Assassins Creed Unity: We got to see even more gameplay, this time from the single player perspective. They went on about improved parkour mechanics, and how big this new open world is. It looks very impressive in single player mode, and we even got another new trailer.

Rainbow Six Siege: Holy shit. Is the first though I have after watching the gameplay demo. If this game is even a quarter what they show us in the trailer it will be the best game of all time. Dynamic destructive environments, tactical squad based team play, expansive levels, freedom of choice like I've never seen before even in a trailer, and beautiful graphics are just some of the things this game has. They said it was still pre alpha testing, which makes me a bit leery that this was heavily scripted, but if it is real gameplay then good lord are we gonna get some amazing stuff in the next couple of years. 

So, Ubisoft came out swinging hard enough to compete with all the other big boys and they may be winning. Microsoft really only had Halo to impress us on their own, and EA really only had the next Battlefield. Ubisoft though has got The Division, The Crew, And Rainbow Six to really push the envelope. I suppose a pure gaming studio has got an easier time focusing on games, but still they are holding all the big upcoming games. Stay tuned for the Sony Keynote though and we'll see if they can steal the show back.

You can check the Microsoft Keynote here, and the EA presentation here

Like my content? Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jma4707 o

No comments:

Post a Comment