Thursday, March 27, 2014

Evolution of the Blog Part II

Whats up Internet!? 

As I write more posts and get feedback I want to improve the quantity, quality, and relevancy of what I post. Based on what I'm seeing from my view numbers and the tiny amount of comments I've received everyone seems to like the top 10 and myth posts the best. So, in an endeavor to be faithful to my audience you will start seeing some more of those. For those of you who like my rants and teaching sessions, don't worry. Those aren't going anywhere. They will just be a little less prominent my queue. I'm also going to be permanently alternating between serious and fun posts, because people do seem to like that cycle. It's also good for me because it gives me more to research serious topics. 

My post schedule has failed miserably and I'm trying to revamp it to something that works. I apologize for making a schedule and then not keeping with it. Fridays, Sundays, and Tuesdays are much better days for me to actually post content, and so with a renewed fervor I will endeavor to post on at least one of those days every week. I'm working on moving to two posts per week, but I still haven't quite got the details worked out for how to alternate between serious and fun posts. I am working on it though, and hope to continue to draw more views and subscribers. Please, if you like me content feel free to repost it anywhere you see fit. Facebook and Twitter are my favorites, but reddit, pinterest, Tublr, or any manner of other places are all fine with me. Heck, if you like it enough feel free to re-blog it, just please give me credit. 

I don't know how much you like reviews of games, music, and movies, but I'm about to start posting them here on my blog. As many of you may know I write video game reviews for Left Stick Down  and occasionally other stuff as well. What you don't know is that we literally have way to much new content for our site, so I'm bringing some of the overflow here. Any extra games, content that misses deadlines, and most of our non gaming related content is now going to start showing up here. These will not follow any regular release schedule or deadlines. They will just be the extras. So just be on the look out for them. 

As you may have noticed I'm working on add integration into the blog. I understand if you hate it, because I don't really like it myself much. I do however like money, and with my baby boy almost here I figured every little bit could help. I solomely promise to not make my site a cesspool of ad content, and will only have a limited number of them on the blog. Once I qualify for google adsense I will be replacing all of my ad content with them, as they are the most targeted, streamlined, and pretty looking ads out there right now. However I still am to new of a site to have adsense yet, so I'm working with other services. I would appreciate free clicks if you support the site, but I will still keep making great content whether or not I get paid. 

As always feel free to leave comments, message me on Facebook, post to my twitter account, or add me to your google+ circle. The more I can spread the word about my blog, the bigger community I can help build.

Finally, here is a look at the next few blog posts I have coming. Non of these are done currently, so this is not their release order. Note: All titles are subject to change or to be scrapped. Although most don't get scrapped. 
  1.  The Truth about the U.S National Debt
  2. Top 10 Dieting Myths
  3. My top 10 Favorite Video Games of all Time
  4. So called "PC Master Race" Vs the So called "Console Peasant Race" 
  5. The "Used" economy in a digital world.
  6. My top 10 Cars of All Time
  7. Should you ever pre-order anything?
That's it for this Evolution post. As always, thanks for reading!
P.S this does not count as a regular blog post. More content is coming to you on Sunday. I already have it finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment