Monday, February 24, 2014

How my blog is evolving + future posts.

Hello internet. As I write more and more posts I've noticed a trend in my blog that while not unexpected, I figured would take a lot longer to show up. I almost exclusively climb up on my soapbox or teach you guys about something. While I knew that would happen, I figured I'd do a lot more fun posts as well. To that end I'm working on a few other posts that are more fun to me than Religion, Racism, or Babies. I'll tell you about them in a minute.

I'm pretty surprised how many visitors I get. It's not thousands, but most of my posts have about 20 unique views with a couple of them having about 100. Thanks to everyone who reads this! I was hoping that one day people other than me would read it, but I never expected so many people almost immediately. I'd love to hear more from you in the comments section too.

I'm working on some great future posts that are a bit more fun this time. Some of them are still educational and/or Soap-Boxy, but they are more fun for me to do because they are about things I personally enjoy. So, in no particular order, here are the next few post titles.


  1. Are We Alone?
  2. Entertainment: Getting the most bang for your buck
  3. Top 10 Movies (and why)
  4. Top 10 Games (and why)
  5. Sexism in Video Games
  6. My big Questions
All of these have had some amount of work done on them, but I never know how long it will take me to write a topic. These aren't really coming in any order, except when I finish them. I'll probably try to break up the more serious topics with the more fun ones, but in all you'll just have to check back every week to see what pops up. 

That's also another thing. I'm going to try to start posting on a schedule. Not because I have to, but because I like writing these, and a schedule helps me keep up with it. I have a schedule for the my gaming site and for my new journalism job, and if I don't schedule this soon It will get lost and forgotten. So, Every Saturday is now guaranteed blog post day. While I may still get the urge or time to post on other days, unless there is an emergency I'll be putting up a new post on Saturday evenings. Probably around 6pm Eastern Time. So, I hope you enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment